Thursday, July 27, 2017

Acupuncture and Back Pain

Can acupuncture cure back pain? Can acupuncture cure restless legs? How about fatigue and stress? Is acupuncture the cure all I've been searching for? I hope to answer these questions for myself and others as I go undercover to investigate and expose acupuncture. (Only kidding about the undercover stuff.)

First of all a little background. I'm pushing 71 years young, and for most of my adult life, I've strived to stay in shape, eat right, exercise, etc. In 2009 I injured my back requiring surgery and rehab. I have suffered from restless legs for years and take Requip at night, so I can sleep. Finally, I was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2014. I had a radical prostatectomy, no radiation and so far has been cancer free.

Since having my prostate removed, I've been suffering from fatigue. I haven't been diagnosed with chronic fatigue, but everything I read about it suggests that what I have. Now I have tried all the conventional ways of dealing with fatigue, restless legs, and constant pain, especially in my right leg.
Back in March, I started receiving massages about twice a month and although feeling great afterward haven't  had any long term relief. So my wife suggested acupuncture. I recently made an appointment and will report on my experience in the hopes it may help others considering trying acupuncture treatments.

No comments:

Post a Comment