Thursday, March 23, 2017

Man Saves Woman From Speeding Train

I recently saw a news item about a man who saved a woman from a speeding train.

“I saw the train was really coming. I sprinted onto the tracks, and I pulled her by the arm,” Mango said. “She actually stopped because she was scared, so then I tried grabbing her arm and then really tried pulling her. She was having a lot of trouble.” (March 9, 2017 Seattle Times)

Joe Mango was stopped and sitting in his car at a railroad crossing when he saw the woman. Apparently frozen in fear at the sight & sound of the approaching train. Without a moment's hesitation Joe ran to the woman and pulled her to safety just as the train roared by.

Now Joe didn't wake up this morning, put on his "super hero" uniform and went out to save some one. Let the rest of us he was just a regular "Joe" (Sorry couldn't resist.) What Joe did do was ACT!! 

Could you? The whole point of the last few articles was to help you be physically fit enough to save yourself and others. This doesn't mean you have to be super strong or faster than a speeding bullet. I'm sure Joe was none of these. But he was fit enough to save a woman's life.

I know fit people in their 70's & 80's who could do what Joe did and I know out of shape, overweight twenty and thirty year olds who couldn't even get out of their car in time to save themselves or anyone else. Let alone run across railroad tracks.

What you have to decide which one do you want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment