Friday, March 7, 2014

WHY I LOVE PUSHUPS

I admit that I have always been in love with push ups. Even as a youngster push ups were my first body building exercise . Today at 67 1/2 years old they remain my favorite body weight exercise. Why? Because in my humble opinion they are the most effective body weight exercise you can do to build muscle, increase core strength and cardio function.

Let's take a close look at why I am so in love with pushups.

1. They can be done anywhere: in your bedroom, hotel room, on the beach, backyard, front yard, your neighbor's yard -Okay you get the picture no need for a gym membership.

2. Most of us know how to do they basic military pushup. No special trainers or instructors needed.

3. No fancy expensive equipment.

4. Endless variations: I'll talk more about some of the different push up variations in another post, but let's just say if you only did push ups you would never get bored.

5. Works all the major muscle groups: Biceps, Triceps, delts, traps, lats pecs, abs & even to some extent legs. All get a great workout.

A word of CAUTION! If you are suffering from back pain you first have to do specific exercises to lose the pain. The best one I found  is Lose The Back Pain by the Healthy Back Institute. They are now offering the complete program on a 21 trial basis for only $4.95! This is the exact same program I used to cure my back pain. It worked for me and it can work for you.

So there you have the reasons why I love push ups. Sadly this terrific exercise gets shoved into the corner with all the fancy videos and exercise machines being promoted today. But if you take a close look at this programs & machines I think you see that many of the movements are very similar to a push up. Take my advice and give push ups a try & maybe you'll fall in love too.

No comments:

Post a Comment