Monday, January 20, 2014

PALEO CHALLENGE

I recently wrote a post about the perfect diet. Although my wife and I generally eat according to the guidelines I refer to in the perfect diet, the Holidays threw us for a loop. All the sweets and food that we ate at parties and cooked ourselves for friends and families really packed on the pounds. The cold weather only adding to the problem making it hard to be outside. On top of that I beginning to realize that consuming grains even whole wheat is bad for your health. Recently I learned that whole wheat raises the blood sugar about the same as a candy bar! The fiber you get from whole wheat is really minimal when you consider the sugar increase. Plus the more I read about gluten intolerance the more I believe a lot more people suffer from it than previously thought. I know in my own case when I consume lots of gluten products I feel sluggish and worst my restless legs really get fired up. So I decided to go on a 30 day challenge. Eliminate wheat and stick to a Paleo Diet. I will be posting recipes from time to time. So join me on this challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment