Wednesday, January 1, 2014

BACK PAIN FLARE UPS

From time to time everyone will experience back pain flare ups. But here are some tips to limit flare ups and cure them ASAP. 1. Know what causes flare ups and avoid them. One of my flare up triggers is shoveling snow or dirt it doesn't matter. So what do I do? Well first I try to avoid shoveling and if I have to I try not to shovel too much weight, watch how I use my body and avoid twisting and throwing the snow,I use an ergonomically correct shovel and take frequent rests. 2. At the first signs and even before I feel any pain I'll take an over the counter pain pill. Do some stretches and use a warm wrap. 3. I maintain a regular exercise program so my core stays strong. And lastly I listen to my body and try not to overdo it. Flare ups are a fact of life, but knowing your triggers and listening to your body can reduce them and hopefully prevent flare ups from recurring.

No comments:

Post a Comment