Thursday, November 7, 2013

I WALK THE TALK!

I recently added my picture to the heading. I did this not to show off (I'm actually pretty modest and rarely take off my shirt). But to show that I do indeed walk the talk. I've suffered from back pain, had a back operation and spent months in rehab. Although the surgery and rehab helped I was still in pain. A wanted to end the pain and get on with my life. The difference is that after all the pain, surgery and rehab I didn't just go back to the old habits that weakened my body and made me open to injury. I researched everything I could find not only on back pain, but an healthy living. I figured here I am in my sixties and if I don't start taken better care of myself I'll end up like so many other older people in a wheel chair or a walker. So after months of scanning the internet and reading I found a program that worked for me and as I shared it with others found that they also had the same results. The name of the program is "Lose The Back Pain". I also found how to improve my health by eating right and thinking positively. All this has result in a more vibrant, healthy and active lifestyle. Now I don't pretend to be a super athlete or a health guru. But at 67 I'm far healthier than most men my age. Yes, I do indulge from time to time and yes I do miss a workout every now and then, but I always find my body, mind and spirit craving the high I get from feeling and looking good. Is there a message in this: Absolutely, the message is you have control of your health. No one family, friends or doctors can force you to change. You have to make that decision yourself. The road to feeling healthy and strong is a journey not a destination, but when you are on this journey you'll never look back!

No comments:

Post a Comment