Wednesday, November 13, 2013

BREAKING NEWS: BEER DRINKERS LIVE LONGER!

Breaking News:Berr drinkers live longer! I got up this morning, exercised, had my morning smoothy, a cup of coffee and turned on the computer and on the screen was the best news I had in a long time. "Health benefits of beer drinking. Now I admit I love beer. Not the wimpy, pale, light beer, but full body beers, with lots of flavor. From dark beers to pale ales, I really enjoy the many micro brews and variety available. I knew that there were some benefits to drinking beer, but never really looked into it. So when I read the headline I had to go deeper and here's what I found. 1. Beer contains a cancer-fighting agent called xanthohumol, which fights off cancer-causing enzymes. Researchers also believe beer’s sugars help prevent HCAs, a type of carcinogen, from forming. 2. Moderate beer drinking helps prevent blood clots from forming and blocking blood flow to the heart, neck, and brain, which can cause a stroke. Consuming about one beer a day can reduce the risk of mental decline for older men and women by as much as 20 percent. 3. For every bottle of beer men drink daily, they reduce their risk of developing kidney stones by 40 percent, possibly due to beer’s high water content of 93 percent. 4. Beer drinkers tend to live longer, according to several studies. The USDA estimates that moderate drinking prevents about 26,000 deaths a year. This is true in other countries as well, as a study reports that "if European beer drinkers stopped imbibing, there would be a decrease in life expectancy of two years." 5. Boosts Vitamin Levels:Containing vitamin B6, vitamin B12, and folic acid, beer is said to significantly boost vitamin levels in the body. A study found that beer drinkers showed 30 percent higher levels of vitamin B6 in their blood than non-beer drinkers. Dark beers, especially, have the most antioxidants. Okay the above are great reasons to drink a beer a day. But are there beers that are healthier than others? A search of the web brought up these great beers. 1. Yuengling Light Beer: I don't usually like light beers, but Yuengling makes a pretty good light beer. Yuengling is America's oldest brewery making a wide range of great beers in nearby Pennslyvania. They are also my favorite everyday drink. 2. Guinness Draught: Now your talking! For years I've been convinced that Guinness increase brain cells and now there's proof! 3. Sam Adams Light: Again with the light beer! But like Yuengling not bad. 4. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale: A great pale ale and a great summer drink. My favorite Ben Franklin quote really sums it up:"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." So enjoy a bottle of your favorite brew knowing that it's good for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment