Friday, February 8, 2013

POWER PANCAKES

I was looking for something different for breakfast and hit upon this recipe. No gluten and low carb. Tasted great!

I just threw this together so the amounts may vary. You want to get the consistency like normal pancake batter. These cakes are very light and fluffy so be careful when you flip them.

2 eggs
1/4 cup oatmeal
1/4 cup cottage cheese
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 tsp flaxseed oil or almond oil. coconut oil, etc
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda

Beat with a whisk or in a blender. Keep your pancakes small about the size of a sliver dollar.

You can serve them w/applesauce, but I cheated and use maple syrup. Also blueberries would of been good. I had some in the freezer, but forgot to use them! Not strictly Paleo, but I've lost 3 lbs this week and was celebrating.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment