Sunday, February 10, 2013

ATE LIKE A CAVEMAN TONITE!

Eating like a caveman and following the Paleo Lifestyle is not hard. Not only is it good for you but meals can be easy once you get into the Paleo groove. For example today was a busy day first a fast walk at the lake then grocery shopping, lunch and then a visit to my daughter and her husband's home. Who has time for an elaborate Sunday supper?!

So Paleo man  ( that's me to the rescue). Fortunately I had cooked frozen chicken breast, apples, pecans and frozen spinach.  I sauted the apples in a little coconut oil added the pecans and thrawed out the spinach, sliced up the thrawed chicken breast and placed the chicken on the spinach, drizzled a little olive oil, apple cider vinegar and whole grain mustard mixture over the dish and enjoyed a low carb, lean protein caveman meal.

Basically when I am in a rush I just remember this mantra: "Lots of veggies and lean protein, keep it simple and add some spice for flavor. Who said living the Paleo Lifestyle was hard?

No comments:

Post a Comment