Wednesday, January 23, 2013

PALEO SUPPER - TASTY!

I love to cook and I think of myself as a pretty good chef. I am responsible for dinner and being an advocate of Paleo cooking I keep trying to come up with my own recipes. The following was our supper tonite. We like it and thought I would share it with my readers .

Now be advised I'm not one for paying much attention to recipes or measuring and I like to experiment. With that being said here ya go.

One chicken breast mine was already precooked.
I cut up the chicken and heated it in about 1/2 a cup of chicken broth and 1/2 cup of white wine with sliced yellow peppers, onions and two or three cut up sundried tomatoes.

I package of quinoa w/rosemary and olive oil. Cooked per package instructions.

1 baked sweet potatoe with cinnamon sprinkled on top.

10 bussels sprouts sauted in walnut oil with dried cranberries and chopped walnuts.

That's it very good, lean protein from the chicken and quinoa, lots of veggies and healthy carbs. My wife and I ate our fill and were very satisfied. I didn't check to see if it conformed exactly to the Paleo Cookbook, but I think it was pretty close. If you try it let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment