Thursday, January 24, 2013

MY POWER SHAKE

Okay just finished my strength building workout & I feelpumped. Now I need to give my body protein and healthy carbs to repair and recovery. Here's 1 power protein shake I like.

In a blender
1 cup spring water
1 scoop protein powder about 26 grams protein
1/2 cup frozen fruit - I always keep a package of frozen Wild Maine Blueberries and a frozen package of mixed fruits and alternate them each day. Love frozen fruit quick and easy!
1/2 cup frozen spinach - If you can't handle 1/2 a cup start w/a 1/4 cup
1 tbsp flaxseed oil

I don't add any sweetner between the fruit and the protein powder it's sweet enough. But if you must I suggest maple syrup, organic local honey or agave.

That's it I don't add ice and blend to all is nice and smooth. I don't really follow any recipe. Sometimes I'll add some peanut butter or almonds or a banana. It's fun making your own versions - ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. Lots of Good information in your post, I favorited your blog post so I can visit again in the future, Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome! Stay tune for more.

    ReplyDelete