Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Back Surgery: Seven Things Your Surgeon Won't Tell You!
Modern medicine is wonderful all the new treatmments, micro and laser surgery, MRI and new vaccines make one feel good they are living in todays world and not 100 or even 50 years ago. New techniques in surgery enable most of us to have a procedure that would of required days in the hospital to now be perform as an outpatient operation. Surgeons for the most part are highly skilled and caring professional. But there are things a surgeon won't tell you when it comes to an operation and in this case a back surgery.
1. Many back surgeries fail to relieve the pain and discomfort. There is even a name for it "Failed Back Surgery Syndrome". This is where the pain returns even though the surgery was a "mechanical success". This was the case with my operation.
2. Risk of infection: My friend had the same procedure I had and was pain free afterwards (Lucky Guy!) However a few days later he was back in the hospitall with a severe infection (Not so lucky!) and had to endure another more complication operation. He has recovered, but if the infection wasn't treated quickly it could have led to major complications.
3. Nerve damage: The surgeon is cutting very close to major nerves in your body a slight knick can cause paralysis.
4. Bone chip and other debrie: During an operation especially if the surgeon is removing part of the vertebra minute bone chips and other debres are created if this isn't completely remove it cann call problems later.
5. Anesthesia complications: All surgies have the risk of complications from anesthesia. Nausea and vomiting can occur as a reaction to an anesthesia. The tube inserted in the throat can can irritation.
6. Blood Clots
It's obvious that you need to have a serious talk with your doctor and make sure he covers and completely answers all your questions. After all it's your body. I believe it is also critical to explore other non-surgical ,natural treatments and cures before undergoing the knife. There are proven and effective non-invasive treatment programs and systems.
One of the top rated programs is called the Lose The Back Pain System developed by therapists and doctors of the Healthy back Institute. This program has helped thousands by strengthening muscles and eliminating muscles imbalance.