Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My Aching Back Story

For several months I have been dealing with back pain. The pain started in my right buttocks and radiated down my right leg to my right foot. At first I thought it was only a muscle pull, the results of lifting several heavy boxes in and out of a van. However the pain in my leg continued and got progressively worst. Standing, walking and especially driving became torture.Sometimes the pain would be more like a burning sensation and sometimes my foot would go numb and I when I walked I could not tell if my foot was touching the ground. Now at sixty-three I considered myself in pretty good shape. I have always exercised and watched what I ate. Fortunately I have managed to avoid serious injury and sickness. This was all about to change!

Finally a month after first experiencing the pain I went to my family doctor. He prescribed some medicaton and referred me to physical therapy. To make a long story short PT didn't work. In fact it only made it worst. Finally after a MRI revealed a herniated disc. I had surgery. Now one week later I am flat on my back, but pain free.

Since my surgery I have been researching back conditions and alternatives to surgery - yeah I know I should of thought of this before surgery! I have discovered that there are methods, treatments and exercises that if follwed can bring about relief from back pain. These treatments get at the undelying cause of back pain. One of the most highly recommended is a program called "Lose the Back Pain" for more information, free guide and lots of videos click here Click Here! If you are experiencing back pain I encourage you to check out "Lose The Back Pain" Click Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment